<$BlogRSDUrl$>

26.3.04

Elizabeth Barrett Browning 


How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints, -I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! -and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.


De que formas te amo eu? Deixa-me ver:
Com a profundidade, extensão e altura
Que minha alma alcança quando procura
Os limites da Graça ideal e do Ser.

Amo-te ao nível do meu mais simples viver,
A luz do sol ou da vela que tremula;
Livremente como o que p'lo Direito luta,
Pura, como o que o louvor soube esquecer.

Amo-te com a paixão com que então sofria
As velhas penas, e a fé de infância sem par.
Amo-te com um amor que já não sentia

P'los queridos mortos - amo-te com o meu respirar,
Risos, lágrimas! - e, se Deus assim o queria,
Só depois da morte melhor te hei-de amar.

Clara Macedo Cabral

Arquivos

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?